How valuable is wedding photography?
I guess it's pretty subjective.
So how valuable is wedding photography to you?
One couple might value it less, and another more.
For Beth and I, the photographer was the second thing that we booked for our wedding (our church first!) because we highly valued wedding photography. We knew who we wanted, and we were prepared to pay what they valued their business at.
So what does it look like to value wedding photography?
To trust that a professional will understand all the unseen parts of the job.
- Engaging with your guests and not being weird or awkward
- Co-ordinating group shots in a fun, timely manner that eases stress
- Helping to structure your day well in advance
- Working well with the venue and other vendors
- Uses reliable and high-end camera equipment
- Experienced on high end editing software and signature style
- Knows how to get your best angles with natural, confidence-building authentic prompts and can also help with posing
Here's the thing
You can have memories in your head of your wedding day at a venue that are priceless, but at the end of the day it is the photographs that you have to actually look back on.
Top wedding venues in Kent and Cambridge can cost anywhere between £5,000 and £15,000+ for the most premium dates and arrangements, and according to "The Wedding Report" the average spend of a wedding with over 60 guests is over £23,000.
When you plan your wedding
Know that the best weddings aren't necessarily the most expensive - but for the things you value, don't compromise. I have never heard of anybody regretting investing in me to photograph their wedding (hallelujah!) but I have heard of people sadly wishing they had paid a professional.
Would you like to find out more about my pricing? You're in the right place. To get the pricing brochure, just get in touch and you'll get it in your emails.
Value your wedding photography.
Cambridge based wedding photographer
Signature Luxury Style
muted tones | beautiful | authentic